Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Camera Osbscura

Two days ago I watched  La Camara Oscura, a movie that I really loved. The story: In an Argentinian colony of Entre Rios province, at the end of the XIX century, a woman who, according to his family was born ugly, grows up being dull and becoming an insignificant woman, almost transparent. Being ignored by all, she doesn’t renounce to see that world that surrounds her with a great interest to the little signs of beauty that only can be seen when we stop to contemplate them. Years later, she is married and has children. A French photographer arrives to her house in the countryside and he will be the only one to discover, with a “different kind of look” the particular beauty of the main character and her intense inner world. (FilmAffinity)

There is a lot to say about this movie, the story is tender, full of poetry, and at times it really reminds me of Garcia Marquez stories. I felt it was directed by a woman, MarĂ­a Victoria Menis. It is a beautiful movie that I recommend and also portrays this time in history in Argentina.

A must see. I am sorry, I could not find any trailer with subtitles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments on I Love Vintage Forever. They are really appreciated! xoxo

 

I Love Vintage Forever | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates