Monday, January 24, 2011

Yesterday’s Movies

Yesterday I watched two movies:
My Name is Julia Ross and La Noche de los Girasoles.
My Name is Julia Ross (1945) is a great thriller that at times I could associate with Hitchcock's. I think it was the first time I saw this actress, Nina Foch. Is this possible? She was a Great actress. Sometimes her coldness reminds me of Dietrich. But her aaargh on the stairs is very emotional, she could show coldness and great emotions.
The place Bever..what is very eerie, in Cornwall. I would watch it again.
La Noche de los Girasoles  (2006) *literally means the night of the sunflowers* is a suspenseful movie as well. I very much like Carmelo Gomez, he is great but here what really appeals is the way the movie has been constructed. Around something that happens there are different moments that lead to the moment itself. And I loved seeing the beauty of the north of Spain as well as the old manners still some youngsters have and that here they are impossible.

 

Ayer vi dos películas:

Mi nombre es Julia Ross y La Noche de Los Girasoles.

Ni nombre es Julia Ross (1945) es un gran thriller que a veces podía asociar con las películas de Hitchcock. Creo que fue la primera vez que vi a esta actriz, Nina Foch. Es posible? Era una Gran actriz. A veces, su frialdad me recuerda a Dietrich. Pero su forma de chillar en las escaleras es emocionante, y podía mostrar frialdad y grandes emociones a la vez. El lugar que se nombra en la película, Bever.. no se qué, es increíblemente fantasmagórico, y se encuentra en Cornualles. La volvería a ver.

La Noche de los Girasoles (2006) es también una película de suspense. Me gusta mucho Carmelo Gómez, su trabajo está muy bien, pero aquí lo que más me ha gustado en esta película ha sido la forma en que se ha montado. Alrededor de algo que ocurre se van mostrando diferentes momentos que van llevando hasta ese momento en particular. Y me gustó mucho la belleza del norte de España así como las viejas costumbres que todavía algunos jóvenes siguen mostrando y que aquí ya no existen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments on I Love Vintage Forever. They are really appreciated! xoxo

 

I Love Vintage Forever | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates