Monday, February 13, 2012

Vintage Valentine’s

Every year on Valentine’s I just received a phone call from a far distance. Then, I waited for the roses to come, and then I looked at the vintage images that took me to my mornings in a Caribbean island where an old lady would explain me the meaning of St. Valentine’s and I would listen mesmerized while she would prepare coffee and milk for us to have with breakfast. And missing the company of my companion I now don’t have to, but yet these memories that are of longing for the beloved one become as well nostalgic and filled with love from friends and acquaintances. I want to include here Tom, if you know what I mean, I remember the “At least Tom loves you” for Valentine’s! :D

Thus I agree that Valentine’s is also a day for friendship, as I miss those times as well. The lovely Valentine’s without my Valentine. Tomorrow I will receive roses, love cards, and we will have a romantic dinner. At last, after all this time, my first Valentine’s as it should be. Happy Valentine’s and Happy Friendship Day!

Here is a collection of images that I loved sharing on a day like today:

7c2fb33a

536af2ae

3017b4a776eb8ac5

e6a42bff82144a2fb4dfcf18

ab38f4a6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments on I Love Vintage Forever. They are really appreciated! xoxo

 

I Love Vintage Forever | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates