Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Daring Rescue

Firemen Rescue Women in Blazing Building~c1910~Germany

Found this old German postcard on Ebay. I find it so realistic and detailed. It is sad that the postcard is not in very good condition  if you see the original but never the less it is a great piece of art and the fact that it looks old gives to it a greater value for some collectors as well. I remark here the great realism and imagine that Herr Von Stroheim could perfectly have directed a scene like this one (there is one I remember where he appears in it in a silent movie, I think it’s Foolish Wives or Blind Husbands….) And coincidentally, this postcard is German. Von Stroheim was Austrian but had the perfect German allure during his Hollywood and French eras of great cinema.,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments on I Love Vintage Forever. They are really appreciated! xoxo

 

I Love Vintage Forever | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates